Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Webolution Task # 2


Task # 2 is near and dear to my heart. I really had never explored Pandora until I came to work here at the library. Pandora Radio is an absolutely perfect option for me, as a music listener. I enjoy listening to a variety of music while doing all sorts of things: cooking, cleaning, checking in books...
When I first began using Pandora I had a lot of complaints about the playlists that they would compile based on my station request. But after much playing around and learning some new techniques (the thumbs up/down, that is so cool...); I have decided that I really love Pandora Radio. It plays in our house on most days and really is a gift from the music gods.
Today, I typed in The Life Aquatic Soundtrack and was pleasantly surprised by what turned up. First of all , they had named the channel (Pandora channel) Team Zissou Radio, which I thought was very cool. The real surprise is what followed. Pandora went ahead and gave me a nice selection of Seu George, which is from the Life Aquatic Soundtrack and I loved it. Next, Pandora took me on a journey of all kinds of wonderful instumental/soundtrack music: Little Miss Sunshine, Leo Kotke, Eric Bachman.
All in all, by really devoting some time to this site I have learned that to truly navigate Pandora Radio, it kind of helps to let Pandora Radio do the navigating...

No comments:

Post a Comment