Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An avid journal keeper begins to blog...


When I was 12 years old, I began to keep a journal. Sometimes I feel that "journal" is too limiting of a word to describe all that these magical books have become to me over the years. My journals have been fanciful collages and sketch books. They have let me explore poetry, narration, brainstorming, outlining, baby names and so much more...These writing/creativity exercises have expanded my mind and allowed me a greater understanding of who I am. I recommend it to all of you.
Naturally, blogging has always has always been something that I felt that I should at least try. In some ways I feel a slight personal aversion to it. I love to hand write. Maybe in a past life (yes, I believe in past lives) I was a scribe. I don't know.
Never the less, it is definitely time to blog. I still keep a journal, and it is a really cool one this time around. But there is, in my opinion, never too much creative writing that a person can do. It is healthy and informative and I am ready to give it a maiden voyage...

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps if you had been a tree in a past life you wouldn't be so cavalier about chopping them down to make you a handy little book for you to doodle in.

    Just playing!

    ReplyDelete