Friday, August 28, 2009

Our cool Facebookin' President...

I had really never taken the time to explore Obama's Facebook page. I've always wanted to but had never really given myself the time to do so. I have to say that I was really impressed for one reason. Barack Obama wants the people of the United States to be involved. It really feels like, by being able to just check in with what he is doing, we have once again been enlisted as actual role playing citizens.
This really is both the beauty and the beast that is Facebook. As you know, I do love to check my Facebook page (never, ever at work). I have reconnected with my cousins and half-brother, I have looked at beautiful photography that my friends have captured on their exciting journeys (yes Josh, I am vicariously climbing mountains through you). However, the whole keeping tabs on EVERYONE thing did weird me out a bit at first.
I loved exploring the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery. If you haven't had a chance to look at this awesome page; you should really check it out. There is an amazing portrait that was recently added of Eunice Kennedy-Shriver.


No comments:

Post a Comment